About the PTO
Beginning in January 2010, to help the development of our school, the parents of As-Sabeel Academy organized themselves into a Parent Teacher Organization (PTO).
Each year, the PTO officers work with all interested parents to support the school through extracurricular activities and fundraisers. Our PTO is currently involved in the following projects:
- Friday Food Sales Fundraiser
- Capri Sun Pouch Collection Fundraiser
- Box Top Collection Fundraiser
- School Carnival Fundraiser
- School Book Fair
- Winter Party
- Field Day
- Eid Al-Adha Celebration
If you are or plan to be a parent of a student at As-Sabeel Academy, we would like to invite you to take an active role in the school by joining our PTO. The PTO will offer you and other parents an opportunity to help our school be successful and offer enriching learning experiences to our students.
Ways to Support As-Sabeel Academy
- Purchase lunch at the PTO’s Friday Food Sales after Jumaa
- Shop at Bi-Lo and use your As-Sabeel Academy “boostersplus” card to help donate 1% of your total purchases towards our school.
- When you shop at Ingles, link your Advantage card to As-Sabeel Academy to help benefit the school with donated school supplies. You can use the school name or ID number: 30746.
- Rent the PTO popcorn machine for $25 a day.
Why join the Parent Teacher Organization (PTO)?
- Support the Educational Programs – Parent volunteers often help out in classrooms by assisting teachers, bringing supplies, or organizing important educational programs.
- Funding drives – PTO’s often raise funds to benefit the school’s education or service programs. A PTO could hold a fundraiser to improve the school’s playground, library, or to purchase school computers.
- Voice Your Opinions – Joining the PTO is an excellent way to assist the school and to have an active voice in our education process.
- Stay Informed – Being involved in the PTO is a great way to stay informed on school issues that are important to you.
- Get to Know the Teachers – Joining the PTO is another way to get to know your child’s teacher better. Attending meetings and volunteering at the school gives you time to interact with teachers.
- Most importantly…we need you! – As a new school, the future success of As-Sabeel Academy depends on your participation as a parent and volunteer.
For the 2013-2014 school year, the PTO President is Mrs. Lina Tawam. The PTO Vice President is Mrs. Lina Ahmad.
If you would like more information on our PTO and their activities, please email PTO@sabeelacademy.com.