As-Sabeel Academy is committed to safely opening for the 2020-2021 school year. Our Administration and School Board are currently working on plans for opening under different scenarios. Our top priorities are student and faculty safety and continued academic, spiritual, and social growth and well-being for our students.
As a small, private school, we have several unique advantages as we face this situation.
- Small class sizes mean that students will have low levels of exposure and will have more time for individualized instruction.
- Making adjustments to protocols and procedures is easily done with a school of our size.
- We can ensure that every student, teacher, and volunteer is screened prior to entering the building.
- We can ensure systematic and regular cleaning of all high-touch surfaces and frequent hand washing of all students and teachers.
- Our teachers can provide more one-on-one attention and tailor instruction to meet the specific needs of each child in ways that cannot be done with larger class sizes.
We are thankful for the support we have had from our parents during these unprecedented months. As we approach the start of the school year, we will be notifying parents of more specific plans.